One of the most effective ways to stay ahead of the competition is by shifting your mindset to be able to adapt to the ever-changing needs of yourself and your business.
So what are mindset shifts? And how can you incorporate them into your daily life?
- Have a daily gratitude practice.
- This is one of the simplest ways to start shifting your mindset positively. It can literally be as easy as listing three things you’re grateful for as soon as you get up for the day. When you step into your day and lead your life by gratitude, positive things will find you!
If you want to dive a little deeper, you can start a morning practice! Check out this post from the Queen herself, Gala Darling.
A morning practice not only sets your day up for success by getting yourself in a positive mindset, but it allows you to get to know yourself better. With my own practice of morning pages (basically brain dumping), EFT tapping (on things from my morning pages) and Gala’s magical morning practice – it has truly transformed me as a person. In turn that has allowed me to further discover my brand through the process.
Hot Tip! Wanting to find ways to make your morning practice more fun? Use this opportunity to buy pens and notebooks that showcase your personality! Who says inner work has to be boring?
These are the journals & pens that I use every morning. Every time I get a new journal I always find a fun sticker on Etsy of a female who inspires me. Lady Gaga is gracing the cover of my current lime green journal.
- Find ways to see the sliver lining in ‘negative’ situations.
- Not only will doing this help give you a positive mindset, it will improve every area of your life. The only constant in life is inconsistency.
Say you’ve been ghosted by a potential client. It hurts right? It feels personal and you can’t help but let your mind wander and sulk in that rejection. Instead, why not re-frame the situation? Tell yourself that person obviously wasn’t your ideal client. By this person ghosting you, it’s left room in your schedule to work with your ideal client! With practice, the act of re-framing your thoughts will give you more confidence as you build your brand.
- See ‘failures’ as lessons.
- Similar to the point above but still worth its own mention. Nothing is actually a failure unless you refuse to get up and try again. There is always something you can learn from a less than stellar experience. Instead of asking ‘Why this?’ Try asking ‘What can I learn from this? How can I improve for the next time?’
Say you had a launch, but it didn’t go as planned. It would be so easy to consider it a ‘failure’ and get upset. Instead, try re-framing the situation again. After sitting with yourself, you might even realize it ‘failed’ because it wasn’t in alignment with you, so you put your time and effort into something that is.
- Start asking what your FUTURE SELF would do.
- Before you think I’m a little cuckoo, hear me out. Your brain literally cannot tell the past, present or future apart.Your mind really is that powerful! So if you’re feeling anything other than the bad bitch you are, think about how your future self would feel. What would they wear everyday? How would they walk into a room? What would they think of themselves? Then go do those things, because you already are your future self! Your future will be what you make it. Wishing alone will not get you there.
Wanting to take it a step further? When you ask yourself questions about your future self, get out your journal and write. Or write AS your future self. Talk about your life and desires as if they’ve already happened. Dig deep and put in the work. This is crucial as you build your brand, because this practice aligns you with your desires and helps bring your vision to life!
Hot Tip! Struggling to visualize your future self and ideal life? Make a vision board!
You can go old school with magazines, scissors and glue. Or utilize Pinterest and Canva to make your vision board online! Do whatever feels best to you. There’s no wrong answer.
As you put in the work and make these practices part of your daily life you’ll realize how much more confident and secure you are in yourself and honey – that translates into your business and your branding. Mastering your mindset is the number one thing you should be focusing on, because the rest doesn’t matter until you’ve got that down.
How can you build a personal brand if you don’t know yourself?
Need a little push to get you started? I offer 1:1 Branding Sessions. I work with you to build lasting habits, bust through mindset blocks and help your brand flourish. Click here to learn more and book with me if you feel called to do so!
What are you waiting for? You got this!